Topic | Soft Pitching Tips for Startups
Date | Mar 15, 2018 (THUR)
Time | 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Language | English
Location | Uptown Co-workshop, 2A HK Industrial Building, 444-452 Des Voeux Building, Sai Ying Pun (5 mins walk from HKU Station B2 Exit)
Topics Covered |
- Got game?
- Are you persistent or ignorant?
- Which way are you pitching?
- How not “think you’re good”
- How to “get the ladies”
Target Audience |
- Those who are planning on doing a pitch for their startup, or simply need to brush up their soft skills when it comes to “selling” themselves or their business
- Freelancers who want their messages to be delivered and heard by their target audiences
- Individuals who are missing out on opportunities or have been “invisible” due to their shyness or avoidance from public speaking
About The Speaker |
Over 10 years ago, Melody threw the towel decided to stop building someone else's dream and work for herself.
Yet rather than chase her own dream, she took the unconventional route of running directly toward what she feared the most: public speaking. Since then, she has not only mastered her fear, but she has made it her take up a variety of roles from being a voice over artist, tv show host, sports commentator, and professional MC (who hosted near 80 pitching events in her career, having a good idea of what judges are looking for performance-wise). In the latest evolution, she spends her time helping others realize their own potential.